Chai Caramel Corn
- 10 Cups of Popped Popcorn (about 1/3 cup kernels)
- 1 Cup Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/2 tsp Chai Spice Dust
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Make popcorn.
- Salt popcorn and set aside.
- Melt 1 cup of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stirring continuously, bring the butter and sugar mixture up to a boil on medium heat.
- When it reaches a boil allow it to cook for 5 minutes without stirring on medium heat.
- Add the 2 tsp. of vanilla at the 4 minute mark and stir to mix.
- Continue to boil for one addition minute and then add the 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Drizzle the caramel mixture over the popcorn. Use a spoon to gently fold the popcorn with the mixture until the kernels are all covered. Dust the popcorn with Chai Spice Dust gradually as you fold the caramel in.
- Pour the popcorn out onto a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil or a silpat liner.
- Let the popcorn cool.