Gluten-free | vegan | refined sugar-free
Recipe & Photography by Hallie Sharpless
- 1 1/2 cups cooked butternut, honey-nut or pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp DONA Masala Chai Concentrate Unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar*
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp flaky salt
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup of finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup of nuts/seeds of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees
- Measure 1 1/2 cups of squash puree and mix it with the chai, maple syrup, spices, salt and melted coconut oil in a medium bowl (or use a food processor).
- In a large bowl stir together the oats, nuts, coconut, and seeds.
- Add the chai squash mix to the dry oats, and mix thoroughly until all of the dry mix is coated- this may take a minute or two of stirring!
- Spread the granola onto lined baking trays and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Halfway through the baking, stir the granola so that the sides don’t burn. If you like looser granola, stir every 10 minutes.
Store granola in airtight containers in a dark, cool spot for up to a month.