*Makes 12 mini chai cinnamon rolls
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon DONA chai
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons oat milk (or any other milk of choice)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients for your cinnamon roll filling (brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, salt).
- Melt your butter.
- Roll out your crescent roll dough on a clean surface.
- Using a pastry brush brush your crescent roll dough with melted butter.
- Spread your filling all over your dough (use all of it!).
- If your dough isn’t pre-cut, roll each into a tight roll and slice into six pieces. Mine, unfortunately was precut, so I rolled each one individually based on the pre-cut lines. This made for a little messier look, but did not compromise taste!
- Spray your muffin.
- Place each roll into a space in your muffin tin.
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before adding your frosting (instructions on that below)!
- While your rolls are baking start your frosting.
- Using either a hand mixer or counter-top mixer, combine all of your ingredients aside from your oat milk. Mix on high for a few minutes.
- Start with a tablespoon at a time and add in your milk until you’ve reached your desired consistency - I went with a spreadable frosting more than a pourable glaze.
- Place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- After you’ve let your rolls cool for 10 minutes feel free to frost and serve right away!