It's stone fruit season!
For the filling
- 3 lbs fresh peaches , cored and sliced into wedges 3/4-inch thick
- 3 Tbsp
- Dona Turmeric Concentrate
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
For the topping
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric dust
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter , cold and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl toss peaches with Turmeric Concentrate and lemon juice. Sprinkle granulated sugar and flour over top and toss to evenly coat. Pour mixture into a buttered 3 quart baking dish (mine was 12 x 8 x 2 1/2) and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, and turmeric Spice Dust. Add brown sugar and stir, while using fingertips to break up any clumps.
Add butter to mixture and using fingertips, rub into mixture until it comes together in small clumps and pieces of butter a no longer visible.
Mix in nuts, tossing several times (so it sticks to the crumble). Sprinkle mixture evenly over top of peaches in baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven about 38 - 42 minutes until topping is golden brown and juices are bubbling along edges. Serve warm with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.