- 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 3 tsp Rose is my name loose leaf tea
- 1/8th tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup sugar + extra sugar for topping
- 2 qts water for water bath
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prep by placing four 6 oz ramekins in a large baking dish and boiling your water.
- Place heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium/low heat. Add in tea and salt and let steep for about 10 minutes stirring continuously. Drain through a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth. Put the strained heavy cream back in the pan and heat until steaming (do not boil).
- While cream is heating, place your egg yolks in a large bowl and sprinkle ⅓ cup of sugar over. Whisk these together until light in color. Once the cream is heated, remove from heat, add vanilla and temper the egg mixture by pouring a skinny stream of the cream into the bowl while whisking. Add the rest of the cream to the egg mix and stir until combined.
- Pour an even amount of mix in all the ramekins. Then pour the boiling water in the dish halfway up the ramekins. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the centers are stable but still jiggly. Let cool completely on the counter and then place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and sprinkle a layer of sugar over the top. Broil in the oven for a couple minutes (watch carefully) until sugar is melted and browned or use a blow torch.