Shopping list: masala chai concentrate
Pair with: Spiced apple cider
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 c masala chai concentrate
⅛ c sugar
- Bring apples, chai, and granulated sugar to a boil in a sauce pot. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the apples are fork tender. Strain and set aside to cool completely.
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Add the egg and mix well.
In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Once combined, stir in the apples and pecans.
Spread the batter into an 8x8 inch baking pan that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with the 1/8 cup of sugar. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool and cut into squares.