Stewed apples in (the best) chai concentrate make the perfect addition to brown sugary blondies. This recipe is easy & delicious, and perfect to have on hand or serve as a rustic dessert when entertaining.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 c masala chai concentrate
2 T sugar
- Bring apples, chai, and 2 T granulated sugar to a boil in a sauce pot. Reduce to a simmer and cook for a few minutes or until the apples are fork tender. Strain and set aside to cool completely.
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a mixer.
Add the egg & vanilla and mix well.
In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Once combined, stir in the apples and pecans.
Spread the batter into an 8x8 inch baking pan that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool and cut into squares.