Strawberry pink peppercorn margarita
Recipe by Household Mag | Photography by Amy Frances Photography
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered (plus a few extra for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup water
*feel free to double ingredients for more syrup!
- De-stem and quarter your strawberries.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add your water, sugar and strawberries. Bring to a simmer and mash your berries.
- Once you’ve achieved a simmer (usually takes about 5 minutes), reduce heat to low and continue to mash. You’ll still want to see large chunks of strawberries but make sure they’ve softened significantly before you remove from heat (about 3 more minutes).
- Using a large bowl and colander strain your liquid from your saucepan. Move to an easy to store glass or container.
- Let cool in the fridge or freezer for minimum 1 hour before mixing your cocktails.
per margarita / mocktail
- ⅓ cup homemade strawberry syrup
- ⅓ cup Pink Peppercorn Lemon DONA soda
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz. Silver tequila of choice (skip to make it a mocktail)
- For garnish: lime wedges, salt or sugar for rim and one whole strawberry!
- Ice (I used a large sphere mold for a unique and clean look)
margarita / virgin margarita
- Combine homemade strawberry syrup, Pink Peppercorn Lemon DONA soda, lime juice and tequila in a large glass if you plan to stir or shaker if you plan to shake (I stirred). Obviously skip the tequila if you’re making it a mocktail!
- Add in your ice and either stir or shake.
- Prep your glass: Run a lime wedge along the lip of your glass, on a flat plate add some loose sugar or salt, place the lip of your glass in salt or sugar to coat. Add your ice!
- Pour your cocktail / mocktail combination into your glass.
Garnish with a whole strawberry. Simply hold your strawberry by the stem, begin to slice in half, but stop halfway. Place on glass. Here’s a short but silly YouTube video if you need a visual!